Why do I love the event so much? Well, it is built in time together with my dad and brothers, and we celebrate our Norwegian heritage by wearing matching jerseys on Sunday. The rest of our family drives along with us on the route, our own personal "sag wagon", and are there at each rest stop to greet us and encourage to keep on pedaling.
But the event is for a great cause, supporting the National MS Society and their fight against Multiple Sclerosis.
Nearly 4,000 cyclists are joined together for one cause, raising around $3 million every year, and there are hundreds of amazing volunteers that are incredibly supportive and helpful along the route. It is such a great feeling of personal accomplishment crossing that finish line on Sunday! My brother's company, C.H. Robinson (the ride's title sponsor), is the team that we ride for, and they are incredibly supportive of all of their riders, too.
I've raised $8,200 so far over the last five years for the cause through this ride, and I hope to raise my biggest annual amount ever this year, setting my goal at $1,800, or $10,000 in total contributions, which would be incredible!! Every year I have around 35 different people contribute to my campaign; this year I'm hoping for 40 contributors. Not only do I ride in the event, but I also donate financially to my and other rider's campaigns. I believe in this cause.
Here are some examples of what different gift amounts can do for those living with MS:
- $35 - could help deliver self-help groups to support people affected by MS in our community
- $65 - could fund wellness programs aimed at treating the mind, body and spirit
- $120 - could help pay for a physical therapy session to manage MS symptoms by enhancing strength and mobility
- $200 - could fuel our cause to help influence change by engaging elected officials to make MS a national priority
- $400 - may help fund a researcher working toward a cure
- $1,000 - could provide two consultations with an MS Navigator for nearly 30 people living with MS.
If you would like to donate to my campaign this year, just follow the link on my about page, or click on the link below. As always, I thank you for whatever you do to support my ride, financially or otherwise! Pedal on for MS!